associated industries in the UK, has published the most extensive research ever undertaken. Data was studied from several sectors; cleaning, waste management, landscaping and facility management.
It found that these industries combined contributed £49.9m to the UK economy, employing some 914,000 across the country. Between 2010 and 2018 there was a 38% increase in the number of companies involved in these sectors, rising from 45,970 to 63,490.
The other headlines from the 60 page document were:
• Between 2010 and 2018 the combined turnover for the sectors rose by 34%, more than twice the UK average
• 88% of businesses employ fewer than 10 people
• 29% of vacancies in the sector were described as ‘hard to fill’
• There is a predicted growth over the next 5 years of 9% meaning the sectors will be generating 93,000 by 2024
• As older people are leaving the industry, a further 436,000 vacancies are set to be created through what is described as ‘replacement demand’
+ 001 0231 123 32